Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rebranding


Why am I doing any of this? I think it's good to take a step back from things every once in a while and reassess why you do the things you do to ensure your heart is still in the right place (assuming it was in the right place to begin with). In the last post, I mentioned that I'm thankful for this blog and a couple of reasons why I'm thankful for it. But I have had to really take a step back and examine and refocus my purpose and intent for this blog. Being thankful for something you do and knowing why you're doing it are two very different things.

After thinking about it for a day or two, I still found myself questioning for what/whom I was doing this. But I think the answer was kind of staring me in the face the whole time. It says at the top of this page, “What it means to be a woman, a wife, and a student from a sinner that's still learning.” That's it! (Duh?) Yes, this whole blog is part journaling and part writing for those interested in my own learning process of life. But my desire is really for it to be (or become) an encouragement to people (particularly – but not limited – to women) who either find themselves in similar stages of life, or can look back to the time when they have been in these stages and can relate in one way or another. I pray that the main reason why it can be an encouragement is because it points to the limitless God who is bigger than our circumstances, stages, and preconceived notions of reality.

What it means to be a woman, a wife, and a student are all different, and yet they're all connected by what it means to be part of the creation of God. Each are manifested differently, but all serve one purpose. That purpose is the glorification of that Creator. As a woman, it is my role to make God look great. As a wife, it is my job to make God look great. As a student, it is my duty to make God look great. In each role, the same objective is (ought to be) completed, but it is done so in different ways.

Sometimes, probably more often that I ought, I'll write about circumstance. Other times I'll write about other things like cooking, work, my home, etc. But I would hope that the bulk of this blog is to point people to Jesus, encourage them through the stages I'm familiar with (I probably won't write about motherhood anytime soon), and help them learn about what an amazing Lord we have and the immeasurable joy that is available only through a relationship with Him. I do pray that as the experiences of life give me more insight into areas of which right now I'm unfamiliar, my motivation for blogging through it all will be the same.

Stay tuned for the first post on my study of 2 Peter. (It's coming. Soon. No, seriously, check back by Friday).

No comments:

Post a Comment